1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting over an awful breakup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by IllMil, Feb 10, 2011.

1. My hero, Tom Leykis, used to say all the time that no one under the age of 25 should be in a relationship, period. You are TOO YOUNG at that point, and he's right. But, it's too easy. Women use them to validate themselves and to others that they are in demand and are wanted. Men fall for this trap because it's easier than playing the field. So they put up with mind games and the bullshit. Because, after all, it's what you're SUPPOSED to do.

If some woman I was dating showed me text messages and FB postings talking about how much they hated me, I'd laugh my ass off.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No shit, huh? That would be the end of that relationship for me, too. I guess it's tough to see that at 23, though, when b.s. drama, Facebook, and texting are the Big Three that dominate one's existence.

3. Of course. Women are invested in kicking a man when he's down. He's "not worthy."

4. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Aw Shucks, I'm Blushing. Or Is That Just A Cherry Glaze?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, a cherry glaze is what you are creating

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Had a breakup once when I had just turned 21. One of those who let the Lord decide everything she did. And I mean everything. Railed against organized religion for a while. Then I got over it... a few months after the breakup, I took up baseball card collecting. Been an enjoyable hobby of mine for over 20 years now.

As for the "friends of hers" who couldn't stand you? Fuck em. If you see one of them doing something inappropriate on Facebook, find out where this person works. Make sure they see it. :)

I'm tongue in cheek on that, of course, but remember what they say about how revenge is best served.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I thought you were Raisin Ham for the longest time. Not sure why. Just seemed right.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I don't speak Jive.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That actually makes me blissfully happy. Thanks you, mustangj!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, she's Sandy. Duh

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I've gotten over many breakups, and they've gotten over me, and some have hurt, and some not so much, and some I did the hurting, but one thing to be happy about: My last, biggest, most important one has cost me 10s of thousands of dollars and I'll be paying until this summer, at which time, I'll have about 25 years to dig out of massive debt so I can retire when I'm 80.

So if you didn't get that deal, then count your relative blessings.

Draft saved Draft deleted