1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"getting" it.....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Brain of J, Feb 27, 2007.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

I know some people who might be interested in that source.

;D

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Twenty-seven years after my first job I have given up the search for it. I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

YHS, etc

3. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

Get out right now. Seriously, I was in the same predicament, and just keep plugging away if this is what you want to do. I personally chose to get out, mainly because the money just sucks when compared to the cash my friends are making. I was living in a studio apartment driving a hyduai and all my friends were living in these things called houses and drove name-brand autos. I also just hated the hours and all the time away from family and friends (I knew this going in, but after five years had enough). I had no life, except the hour i spent at the bar before close everynight. Not to knock the entire industry though. I met many cool people and had countless great experiences. But now I get to travel and still meet great people without writing stories about them for haypennies.

Draft saved Draft deleted