1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting into the Beatles...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert: YF is Dreunc's sock puppet.

2. When Alabama takes it to the next level - they don't Roll Tide - they Roll Buck.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Buck - As far as SuperHeavy goes, Mick's pink suit performance in the "Miracle Worker" video confirms his status as the coolest man to ever walk on two legs.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dick, with Super Heavy I think Dave Stewart is driving the bus. He has chunks of cool bigger than Billy Idol in his stool.
    Stewart is less a musician than he is a designer. I'm not convinced that he can do something that's not cool.

Chris, if you only knew. If booze and girls were chalk and lead-paint chips, you would love it.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've found solid tracks on every Stones album since Some Girls. None of them - from start to finish - really stand with their best work, but to these ears there is something to recommend on all of them.

Have listened to Super Heavy once, still don't know what to think of it.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I like a lot of Stones stuff but "No Spare Parts" from the re-release of 'Some Girls' makes me want to jam my fingers in my auditory canals up to the second knuckle. That horrible horrible country and western things Jagger is doing is unbelievably annoying to me.

7. Lead-paint Jimmies would be a good name for a Stones cover band

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Getting into the Beatles? I doubt Apple Corps is taking applications.

Draft saved Draft deleted