1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting Facebook "unfriended"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 3, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This was tremendous.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Your brother's boyfriend hates gay people?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Is was wondering about that too.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I guess sostartled's brother is evenmorestartled.

HC likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Usually the gay people who hate gay people are in the closet -- or Congress.

6. sostartled

sostartled Member

I think you'd be startled (yeah, I did that) by how many gay people hate other gay people. At least that's what I gather by the reaction to his posts.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hmmm, what do you call gay-on-gay crime? Is it still a hate crime?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Huh. Learn something new every day.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's a good thing all straight people get along.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Apparently more so.

11. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

In the late 90s, I was friends with a gay man who vehemently hated "queens." His attitude was "I'm attracted to men but we're still men. Act like one." He also told me he felt it was the flamboyant ones you see at parades were the ones keeping mainstream America from accepting gays (remember, this was the 90s).

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I've had a few defriendings, but not enough to shake my usual behavior (yeah, I post political stuff, but usually with a funny or ironic aside with it, and I don't get offended by postings from the other side - I drop the occasional witty rejoinder in response). I'm at 219 friends, but don't make many requests (I usually confirm requests to me, unless I have good reason not to).
    There are people I work with who I'd prefer not to be FB friends with, but they've never requested me. Maybe they know what they'd be in for if they saw my page ;). Just keep it restricted to your friends only, and don't feel obligated to accept every request.

Draft saved Draft deleted