1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting a masters degree?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A master's degree is a fine idea. As long as it's in something other than journalism.

2. That's what I am!

3. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

My friend, who is a sports reporter like me, is back in school and is getting a master's degree. He is getting it in either public relations or communications mamagement. Not sure. I know going back to school in journalism is just good if you want to be a teacher. Are the other two that he might be going for worth it? Just wondering for his sake and I might be interested if it gets me a better job since the journalism profession seems to be geting bad. I like my job, but I also want to be able to do different things just in case the cost cutting comes my way at the paper I work at.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think phin fucked up some numbers. a six-inch feature and a seven-fig. sal. seem a little off to me.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

No, it was a six-inch feature on an amateur boxer. A lead, a quote from him and one from the trainer and a couple grafs about his next fight. And yes, our editor makes more than $1 million per year.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

awesome. totally awesome.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Anyone who is considering grad school and would like to hear about my experience is welcome to PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted