1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

getting a book published

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Mar 5, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

so my father-in-law is stuck on his latest idea - writing a book. seems like he isn't going to let go of this one, which typically means he's fairly serious about something.

he's asking me how he would go about getting the process started for turning it into an actual book. seems he's got this thing basically written out longhand. I'm getting him an electric typewriter here soon -- he's not much for computers. more of a guy that would love to live in a mountain cabin if given the choice.

honestly, not sure what to expect. the guy's a riot and may well have something. in either case, would love to be able to give him a 'here's what you do next.' so ... anyone go though the process?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There are a few threads on the subject over on the Writer's Thread.

This is one of the better ones.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/36781/

Longhand is his first problem. I'd forget about an electric typewriter though and force feed him a computer.

3. jps

jps Active Member

jr, soon as I posted, figured there was something there. home sick, so full of fail and phlegm.

Draft saved Draft deleted