1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get Well Soon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If it's something to do with the gallbladder, hopefully he won't develop complications like I did after surgery. I spent a month in the hospital after that one.

Get well soon, Jonesy, and lay off the morphine after a week or so. It can be a bitch of a habit to break (at least it was with Demerol).

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Jones is enjoying that fine Canadian healthcare system, which means the bill will go to JR, halfmiler, Flash and Beef.

Seriously, get well soon.

PS -- Don't most hospitals now have wi-fi? I'd go crazy if I couldn't have a laptop with me.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Jones, feel well, even though you wished alcohol-induced death on me.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you saying Jones was inspired by this book?

[​IMG]

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wondered why I got that bill from the Ministry of Health.

Get well, Jonesy.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Jeez, thanks guys. News travels fast.

Long story, but I was in Los Angeles on assignment, woke up early Friday morning with gut pain, went to a lovely private hospital devoid of poor people, expected to get a shot of morphine and head back out on the town, and instead had my gallbladder taken out -- on account of those stones and my loud and angry swearing. Gotta say, Holy hell, I was a goddamn mess. Thankfully, the surgery has left behind only four puncture wounds, no infection, an addiction to Vicodin, and a small, empty void where significant pain once resided.

Got out of the hospital on Saturday afternoon. Proud but also embarassed to say, I then went to my interview. Not sure how smart that was, because I'm not sure how coherent I was. Back in Canada now but still haven't listened to the tape. The get well wishes are much appreciated. Now please pray that I didn't douche my job in the process.

When I'm feeling better, I'll post on my experience within the forbidden city of American health care. Not sure if I'm on the hook for the bill yet, but that was some damn fine babysitting they did.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind wishes. Humbled and obliged.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jones, find a candystriper and give her the shocker. Then ask if she's ever heard the legend of Boots.

8. Well, this has ended pretty much the way I figured it would.
    boots and the shocker.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Don't they all end that way?
    Glad you are up and at 'em again, Jones.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

why am I not surprised. On a get well Jonesy thread the doc makes it about himself.

Anyhow Jonesy get well .

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Sadly, there was no nurse sex, although I did have to suck onto this thing to lift up these balls.

Take that for what you will.

Thanks again everybody.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No way ... Jones just wants to be able to play with titties whenever the fuck he wants. 8)

Glad to hear you're OK, Jonesy.

Draft saved Draft deleted