1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get well, Brian Windhorst

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dawgpounddiehard, Jul 1, 2008.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/

According to a June 27th post on his blog, he is recuperating from an unidentified illness at an Akron area hospital.

Here's to wishing him a speedy recovery.

2. bob

bob Member

I know he had pneumonia, but I think it was more extensive than that. Good guy. Get well, Brian.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The disease has been identified and he's been stabilized.

Updates here, where no news is good news:
    http://neorh.royhobbs.com/?q=node/60

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Damn. Keep battling, Brian.

5. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

There's a Facebook group that's done a great job of keeping interested folks updated. Search "Pray for Brian" and eventually you'll run into a picture of him.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The following note from Brian Windhorst was posted Sunday evening on his Care Page:

"I've been coherent for about a week and read a lot of messages from this site. Those messages and postings have been very uplifting, especially during this difficult time.

I was moved from ICU the other day and have started my full-scale rehab. My doctors are very confident that I can make a full recovery in a couple months.

I look forward to speaking with many of you in the near future, getting back to covering the Cavs and returning to the business of life.

Thanks again for all your prayers, well wishes and good thoughts. It has meant a lot to me and my family."

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Great news. Best wishes to him and his family.

9. awriter

awriter Active Member

Nice to see some good news on here, for a change.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Don't know Brian very well, but have shared press row with him on a couple of occasions.

Good luck and good health to him, for sure. I'm certain Cavs fans miss his insight.

Draft saved Draft deleted