1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get the NY-hype machine ready: '08 Yanks have best young rotation?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm hoping they bring Tavarez back.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

John Sterling, nice to hear from you again, you old fart!

3. I can't believe I'm going to defend Dumpster, but he's been lights out lately. Since Aug. 6, he's made 10 appearances and given up two hits. Since Aug. 16, 5 1/3 innings, no hits.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I know he's been good lately, but he still doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

5. I can't argue with that. I can't believe he hasn't blown a save since June 10.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He's only blown two all year. He just sucks when the game is tied, or he's trying to hold the deficit to a run or two. When the Cubs give him a lead, he's been lights out. And prior to his DL trip, he was hitting 95 on the gun with a biting splitter. If he gets that back, I'll take him at the end of the game; he's certainly better than Borowski or LaTroy Hawkins.

7. I believe that's spelled Latrine Hawkins.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yet another of our shared sorrows, Doc.

The Hawk. Who tried to pitch in the major leagues by ALWAYS throwing a fastball when behind in the count.

Wouldn't listen to Rick Anderson. Wouldn't listen in Chicago. Just kept laying that 95-MPH heat in there and looking surprised when it went rifling out of the park.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's one of the many things that gives me more confidence in Lou than Dusty. After the 14th consecutive blown save, Lou would have had Hawkins killed; Dusty would have trotted him out there the next day so as not to "hurt his confidence."

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There's that.

And the sweatbands.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uhhhhh... last time I checked he'd converted 10 save opportunities in a row. I'd say he's got the stones to do the job. Where he gets into trouble is when Lou brings him in in a non-save situation.

12. Damn, Doc, why didn't you say that? ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted