1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get the key ready, but it's worth asking...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Mar 11, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

So because I'm opposed to the war in Iraq I'm supposed to be passionate about the Gay Olympics?
    Connnect those dots for me.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, and if you're for the war then you're supposed to be passionate about the Redneck Olympics.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No wonder you can't make out sentences.

The question isn't comparing events, but beliefs in causes. You say you can't support the war unless you serve in it. So if activity is key to support, and you favor gay rights, then as a sports journalist, shouldn't you promote the gay games which are treated less than equal to dogs who get more coverage on ESPN? That ought to drive outrage. At least, if you are for gay rights, you should have marched in at least one parade in their behalf.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And if the gay issue doesn't matter because it's not the war, then don't say to someone who isn't for it that they're hatemongerers when you can't lift a foot or a pen to defend gays in their cause.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm for human rights, it's why I donate to ...

[​IMG]

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If you let M&Ms warm up a little, they taste more chocolaty.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry, Yawn, false parallel/false premise.

Now, if you'd suggested that in order to support gay rights we ourselves had to try being gay - or at least participate in a gay spelling bee - then you'd be on to something.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Lame. Ass. Excuse.

You all proven my point.

Thank you for playing.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

If your point was that you're not very nimble when it comes to crafting parallel cultural arguments, then yes, consider it proven.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That from someone that can't read.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I never said you can't support the war of you don't participate. You clam that is the "liberals" contention. It is not my belief.

I am opposed to the war. I am in favor of gay rights. I couldn't care less about the Gay Olympics...three separate issues/beliefs

Draft saved Draft deleted