1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get-Rich Quick Scheme at KU - Ticket Scalping

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 26, 2010.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

There's no way this sort of deal is isolated at KU. This stuff has to go on everywhere, but especially at high-profile basketball and football programs.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The NCAA can say they're trying to "help" fans but they're also masterfully double-dipping, getting money from the original sale and the resale.

I don't have links but look up Mark Alesia's stories in the Indy Star, he watched the operation over the weekend and it turned out to be a huge clusterf*ck. The NCAA not only shouldn't be in the scalping biz, but when they were, they were terrible at it.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I interviewed one of the Pumps once. I could feel the slime coming out of my phone.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

The Pumps went to high school -- a rich kid school in a VERY upscale L.A. suburb -- that the paper I used to work for covered. First time I saw them was at a USC basketball game. Two super-geeky, goofy-looking, red-haired dorks who were hanging around with ultra-hip black dudes in the basketball scene. (What's wrong with this picture?)
    So what does that tell you? Who do you think was paying for the chance to hang around with the basketball bros.?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Name dropper.

6. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

[​IMG]
    is not amused with your insinuations about red-headed white guys at USC.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If so, it would be the lamest name-dropping in the history of name-dropping.

Draft saved Draft deleted