1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready to rumble! Multiple WWE jobs!

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Jul 6, 2009.

1. sidelined

sidelined New Member

Asst. Content Editor pays $45K. Former colleague of mine was just rejected because he was "overqualified."

2. No way would I consider this one.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Why so?

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Friend of mine used to work as a photographer for WWE, back in the 1990s. I'd buy his beer all night just to hear the Al Snow and Mick Foley stories.

5. Working for the WWE? Not a chance. If I want to deal with scripts, I'll go work in movies.

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I'm not sure this even belongs on a sports jobs message board period.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Oh lighten up Nancy. We know it's not a "sport", but it is sports entertainment and a lot of people on here are into it and probably wished at some point that they were the one who scripted the Mae Young giving birth to a hand scene.

I'm sending my stuff out this week for a couple of these gigs.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind being a writer for the company, just to see Triple H's face when I write in that he has to job to Santino Marella in a hog pen match.

9. I'm with you. I'd cover auto racing before this, and I don't consider racing a sport either. But at least racing's not scripted.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd think with some of the people you'd run across and the experience you'd develop, that this would be a good jumping off point for someone not in Hollywood who wants an in.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's neither sports nor journalism.

12. sg86

sg86 Member

People are losing jobs left and right.

If one person applies for one of these and happens to get it, that's a victory.

Regardless of your feelings toward pro wrestling, these jobs are open, pretty secure and at least quasi-related.

Let it be.

Draft saved Draft deleted