1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready to rumble! Multiple WWE jobs!

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

These actually sound pretty fun.

Assistant Content Editor, Stamford, CT

Creative Writer, Stamford, CT

Writer Assistant, Stamford, CT

On-Air Talent, Stamford, CT
  2. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Those sound awesome.

Does your editor slam you over the head with folding chair when you get "its" and "it's" mixed up?
    The figure-four leg lock when you put the period outside the parentheses?
  3. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

And this is for writing 602 words when I explicitly said 600 words.... (turnbuckle treatment).
  4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It sounds fun, but it's also really stressful because they've been changing their storylines on the fly and that gives writers precious little time to make dramatic changes to the scripts -- which then change in the 11th hour when they decide, say, to cut the Donald Trump-owns-Raw angle short after one week.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Do the interns count along every time the offending writer's head hits the turnbuckle?
  6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'd be curious in knowing what some of these jobs pay.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

How do you know they cut it short after a week? It's not like there is an independent outline reporting on the doings of the WWE. The reporting techniques of almost everybody involved in pro wrestling journalism makes normal bloggers look like The Washington Post.

I think these postings have been up for a while, or up multiple times. I put in for them about six months ago on a lark, since I am a wrestling fan, but never got a call or anything.
  8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I read both Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Weekly. Both indicate that there was a sudden shift in the story arcs re: Trump, and even if they didn't, you could tell by how clumsy the transition took place on TV that week that they weren't really ready to do that scene already. And apparently this has been a very stressful and unpredictable month for the writers.
  9. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

And a purple nurple for every dangling participle.
  10. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

Actually, if I thought I could get away with it, I would hit someone with a folding chair everytime they confused they're, their and there.
  11. If such penalties were the case, I wonder what a person would get for something I get to see often ... such as "first match starts at 7 p.m. tonight?"
  12. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

I think you have to do the job to Al Snow. And I'm not talking about losing a match...
Draft saved Draft deleted