1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready to gag, Tom Clancy fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jason Stathan would probably be good too. But he has the same problem.

2. highlander

highlander Member

Neeson works for me. I'm sure he could speak American. :)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True, but since he has been around for a while, would it be believeable? It would for the A0Team which is thriller-camp. But this type?
    Clark's presence is not in his physical ability but the tone of his voice and is demeanor.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

He can certainly handle a credible American accent, but if you're making the argument that both Michael Ironside (60) and Willem Dafoe (55) are too old for the part, then Neeson is too - he's 58.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I am a huge Clancy fan, but his last two books were terribly lacking.

He kind of lost me when he "Oh by the way" killed Robby Jackson in his last book. The character deserved better.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I don't know if there's been a more obvious case of a writer who desperately needs an editor.

The first books were great, but the bigger he got the more weight he could throw around, the the later books have bits of the old spark surrounded by pages of drudgery.

There was one book -- maybe the last one, I forget -- where the action just came to a complete halt so one main character could give a pages-long rightwing diatribe.

7. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I always thought Cardinal of the Kremlin was terribly underrated. It's my favorite of the series.

8. highlander

highlander Member

He had pretty good voice and demeanor in Taken. As for he and DaFoe being nearly the same age. DaFoe looked old the last time he played Clark.

Draft saved Draft deleted