1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready Moddy...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Baseball is back in Richmond!

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/professional/professional_baseball/article/BASEGAT23_20090923-103201/294910/

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wasn't around for the R-Braves' heyday, but how Richmond continues to get minor-league franchises in any sport when they all fail (true, baseball does better than hockey/soccer) stuns me.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hot damn...

Little 93 will be old enough to catch an inning or two by then.

The bigger question will be "where will they play?"

The Diamond sucks and is in a bad part of town, and they shot down the sweet proposal in The Bottom.

4. 93Devil

This was the worst kept secret in Richmond.

The nice thing about the Braves was they kept bringing top players through. The former Braves are an impressive list. I do think the Giants will do just as well, though.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

When is D.C. going to get a baseball team?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Aren't the Senators still playing there?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thought for sure this was about tonight's 100th loss.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That sounds kinda dirty.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Richmond is a good triple A town. I think it's only a matter of time before the Nats make Richmond its AAA affiliate instead of Syracuse. Logistically, it would make more sense.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That does seem to be the trend these days so AAA players are a short ride away - hell, that's what got the Braves out of Richmond. Think it would be a good move for the Nats as well. Richmond has its strong share of Braves and Yankees fans (Yanks were the parent club before the Braves) but I would imagine a strong contingent could flop to the Nats, given a reason.

11. 93Devil

Two things me you want to see minor league baseball.

1. I want to see the next Kung Fu Panda up close.

2. I want to enjoy the experience with a nice ballpark and surrounding businesses.

Richmond does not give you the second, but they are trying. The Bottom is just a better option for #2. (That was for you Armchair.)

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. Reasonable prices for tickets, food and drinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted