1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready for lines at the pumps ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nothing, Tony. You're doing great. I assume the tires have air in them, right?

I imagine you are getting extra mpgs because your tires have no tread and don't weigh more than a ballon.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The tires are just fine. My mechanic said I don't need to replace them until it gets near the first snow. He's also the guy who sells me tires, so it doesn't exactly sound like he's bucking for a quick sale. He's also the guy who regularly rotates my tires.

Again, tell me what I've done wrong by getting better mileage and far more miles than normal out of a set of tires.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If he'd finally take off those Reagan for President bumper stickers, he'd get even better mileage.

4. old_tony

They're not bald. They're perfectly safe. BTW, I got 89,600 miles out of the first set of tires on this vehicle. Only had to change them because it was the start of winter. Those were Goodyear tires. The current set is Uniroyal Tiger Paws.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We're just yanking your chain, t. But would be be willing to agree that someone, somewhere in the US of A is driving on underinflated tires and not getting good gas mileage?

7. old_tony

Sure. And who pays for it most? They do.

Keeping your tires inflated and getting the most out of your gas dollar is a personal responsibility. What it is not is a national energy policy.

Or can we next expect Obama to tell us to wear sweaters in our house in the winter? That was a winner for Carter.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's a step up from what we've got right now, though.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

A much better policy is to dig holes in the ocean that might deliver oil in 10-15 years, at which time that oil will lower prices by a dime.

10. old_tony

You can keep posting lies about how more drilling for our own oil won't help. Most Americans doe't buy your crap and are in favor of expanded drilling.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

... t's right. He and his far-sighted friends see that drilling for more oil eventually will lead to an unlimited supply of oil. Energy problem solved.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I'm in favor of going after every possible solution.

Draft saved Draft deleted