1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ready for lines at the pumps ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Significantly = almost double?

Which dictionary are you using?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I got more MPG than the car is rated to get. Tell me how often that happens in the first place. Then tell me how much more I should have gotten.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

According to jgmacg's statistics: 3 percent of 29 mpg.

Do the math.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If we could convert pennies to oil, we'd never have to drill again!

5. KG

KG Active Member

But keeping the air and fuel filters clean/replaced, as well as changing out the spark plugs/wires can help alot too.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No, in the US we only nationalize the losses of investment banks and mortgage brokers.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If your tires have 94k on them, I'd submit that new ones might actually squeeze out a nother mpg or two. Not to mention giving you better control of your car. Just saying. Double? I don't think so.

8. KG

KG Active Member

Ok, I finally got around to watching the video. That was the best entertainment I've had all day.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I like how this thread has (d)evolved into a discussion about Tony's car.

And if you're driving with 94,000-mile tires, please send me a PM before you get on the road. Cripes man! You're driving a coffin. Hope it doesn't rain where you live.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, I was just consulting with an engineer friend of mine who suggested that the tires are the reason I'm exceeding the car's rating for mpg.

Let me explain this again for the mathematically challenged: (just checked these numbers at fueleconomy.gov) The car is rated to get 19 mpg city, 23 mpg highway. I got 29 mpg for the last tank. Tell me again what I'm doing [blue] wrong. [/blue]

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cars have spark plugs? Mine has a flux capacitor.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You're putting lives at risk by driving on bald tires.

Draft saved Draft deleted