1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get out the way, we got a Wootoff!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 27, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Two hours on such a small computer? I have not bought one in a long time, but I thought people were getting a lot more life than that.

2. 93Devil

Wait, the guy just won the hard drive for $8.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Swoopo has a few things people should be aware of. The number of bids you might use to get something could range from 1 to 1,000 or whatever. Depends on how popular the item is. I just watched a 42 inch TV go crazy on bids, but at 6-cent increments. It's just a matter of who runs out of bids first. One of those TVs went for $150, but the shipping was $150, too.

Then again, I saw someone buy a PS3 for $4 by using only 5 bids with shipping at $12.90, so that was a helluva deal.

Not everything will be that cheap, though.

Edit: Watching these bids is driving me crazy. It'll get down to 2 seconds and someone will put in another bid, either manually or automatically with the "BidButler." No way could I do that. I'd lose my mind.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Just grabbed one for my parents for christmas. My christmas shopping is over.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I've yet to see a laptop without one. MY HP battery is the worst.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I know it's because of your avatar, but when I read your posts I hear Kevin's voice in my head.

<nods head>Sweet!</nods>

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is all the woot stuff refurbished?

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Holy crap, because I needed an excuse to not leave my computer/house today...

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You're the third person to reference Kevin's voice to me this week.

I may just start trolling around threads dropping lines like, "sometimes I try to see how many M&M's I can fit in my mouth."

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'm setting the over/under at 20. And taking the over.

11. 93Devil

The secret is undercooking the onions.

12. 93Devil

I am going to research this Swoopo hard, because if I can get a decent SLR camera for a good price, I will be geeked.

Draft saved Draft deleted