1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get 'im one

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rambler, Jun 26, 2006.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Hung out with the BoSox one night in 2002, bought Alan Embree a drink and Ricky Henderson a shot.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My boss and I were at the bar at Houstons Century City about a decade ago when we saw the star of a just-getting-buzz TV show sitting with a friend at another bar table. It was about 4 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. Since I was working in the biz, I asked the waiter to send a drink over to the guy.

About 5 minutes later the waiter comes over with a quizical look on his face. He tells us, "He declined the offer of a drink. He says he makes enough money now to buy his own drinks. [beat] But he'd like to buy this table a round..."

So now I can say that Jerry Seinfeld bought ME a drink!

My boss and I went over to say thanks and we gave Jerry our business cards (which noted that we worked for a certain unnamed, non-broadsheet weekly) and he laughed and said, "how come you guys aren't over at my house going through my garbage?" I told him, "cause we're sitting here watching you drink."

Without skipping a beat, Seinfeld looks down at his table full of empty Heinekens and says, "Wow, I'm drinking a lot, too. I guess I'm upset my career sucks so bad!"

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Jamie Notarthomas. He looked at me like he was ready to take me home, but I like his music, so I just bought him a drink.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Trey Anastasio

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Have bought a drink for Randy Ferbey ... anyone know who that is?

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

My old man was in KC on business and was coming out of a restaurant one night the same time George Brett walked in. My dad complimented him on his hitting that night, Brett asked if he wanted to have a beer. My dad turned him down....dumb old shit (I still give him hell to this day).

As for myself, there have been plenty of current pro-athletes who I knew back in college. Funniest, though, wasn't an athlete, it was one of the Miller Lite girls who show up at various sporting events. Hot as hell. Looked to be 29, 30. Turned out she was 42, an ex-stripper and mother of four.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Corby Jones. And the dude who wants to throw down with Kevin Costner in the tent early in Wyatt Earp. Drank all night with that guy at a blues bar. He had some stories.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Martina Hingis and Landon from one of the Real Worlds. They were at the same resort we were having our summer outing. Me and a coworker lost to the pair at pool. Bastard teammate choked on the 8-ball.

EDIT - The company suits hooked us up so it was on their dime, but hey.

Draft saved Draft deleted