1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Germaphobes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 1, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

bubbler wins.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Man, I read this entire thread thinking it said GERMAN-phobes. I was way off!

3. joe

joe Active Member

When our daughter was just a few days or weeks old, we went to the doctor. In the waiting room, a mom was there with her toddler, and the kid was playing with her keys, dropping them on the floor and putting them in his mouth. We were fucking horrified.

We got over that real quick, and when our girl was a newly-minted toddler we'd rinse off her pacifier if she dropped on the floor. Most of the time.

And how the hell do you steam clean a toilet seat?

4. Put it in the dishwasher.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My mother told me she caught me chewing gum that I'd picked off the sidewalk any number of times when I was around three. I rarely even catch a cold these days.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I never wipe the carts. In the meat section, though, sometimes you pick up a loosely-wrapped roast and end up with a blood-smeared hand. I'm happy they have the wipes there.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When was the Swine Flu scare? 2009?

I think that deal turned a lot of people into germaphobes, or took people who were a bit germaphobic and turned them into Adrian Monk.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted