1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Germanwings 9525

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Dude.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw on one of the newscasts that, in the U.S., two people are required to be in the cockpit at all times to prevent just this sort of thing. That was not the case on many European airlines, including this one.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Also opens up the security of airliners to computer hackers.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I find it incredibly heartbreaking more so than interesting.

I cannot imagine the pain the families are having to endure.

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I find it interesting also. Innocent people die every day. For those of us who remain let us learn from other people's mistakes and further advance civilization. The co-pilot should not be able to lock out the pilot.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

MSNBC is interviewing a reporter from Paris Match who has seen the video:

Paris Match and Bild obtained a video taken during the final seconds of the fated Germanwings flight 4U9525 and found among the wreckage by a source close to the investigation. Its origin – a cell phone – was clear. The scene was so chaotic that it was hard to identify people, but the sounds of the screaming passengers made it perfectly clear that they were aware of what was about to happen to them. One can hear cries of “My God” in several languages. Metallic banging can also be heard more than three times, perhaps of the pilot trying to open the cockpit door with a heavy object. Towards the end, after a heavy shake, stronger than the others, the screaming intensifies. Then nothing.

Inside the A320 - Exclusive: The final moments before the crash

Prosecutors haven't seen it yet, and Paris Match says it does not have the video in its possession.

Draft saved Draft deleted