1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gerald Ford RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Dec 26, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES (AP)_Former first lady Betty Ford says President Gerald Ford has died

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Chevy Chase will stumble upon this news soon, I'm sure.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Seriously. I gave an FYI to our news editor as soon as this thread was posted. Then I looked on two TV channels, and four news sites, and it wasn't there. Then, and only then, did I see it on NBC News. And then it hit everywhere.

Oh, and take off the question mark now. :)

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

So who is going to pen the official SportsJournalists.com protest letter to The Big Lead since ABC is not mentioning in its story that SportsJournalists.com had it 10 minutes before everybody else?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Question mark is gone.
    CNN.com has it as a banner now.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Seems kind of bad taste that CBS just chose to run a scrawl at the bottom of the screen as Rupert Gee dropped a turkey into a vat of gravy from 12 stories up on Letterman.

I mean, he may not have been one of the great presidents, but he did lead the free world for a little while.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

AP sent a FLASH, not a BULLETIN or NEWS ALERT.

Not SportsJournalists.com's Flash, but a Flash nonetheless.

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

One of our part-timers wondered if he was eaten by a pack of wolves, from the SNL skit.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought about calling my former paper and giving them the heads up because I doubt they actually have it in the morning. Then I decided it wasn't worth it for them.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Nice work by GB-Hack - part of what makes this site so great

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Betcha ESPN won't give us the credit.

RIP, Leslie King Jr.

P.S. Somebody has already gotten to wikipedia with a very unclassy update of his page:

CBS 4 News out of Boston has confirmed that Gerald Ford, the 38th president of the United States kicked the bucket on December 26th, 2006 in California. At 8:49 pm PST, The Associated Press reported that Ford's wife, Betty, has confirmed his death.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And NBC is showing a Leno rerun with Borat.

Draft saved Draft deleted