1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia's Caleb King ineligible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 8, 2011.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Should be no surprise to anyone. My question: Can UGA recruit anyone who's not stupid? I mean, this is college, right?

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2011/07/08/its-official-uga-confirms-caleb-king-academically-ineligible/

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

In terms of fuck-uppery on the field and off, Georgia's Washaun Ealey/Caleb King RB tandem is pretty epic.

...and yet, they still shredded Tech. Alas, North Avenue.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I give Georgia credit. There are other schools in that conference where it would have been impossible for him to be academically ineligible.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And everywhere else in the nation, dickface.

5. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Nothing like having your LBs continue to overrun plays and run past the alley.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's a refreshing change from the minor traffic violations UGA built a reputation on.

7. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

King had plenty of those too. I don't think he will be missed too much if Crowell lives up to the hype, and as much as an idiot as he was (I mean, really how hard is it to show up to court for a speeding ticket??) I won't miss seeing him too much.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As long as he knows a three-point play is worth three points, it's all good, right?

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Does Jack Crowe or Terry Bowden know this guy is available?

My money's on him winding up at JSU or UNA and being eligible come August.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Always amusing that this is what people remember most from Harrickgate, even though it was a complete non-issue. The final for that basketball fundamentals class was a semester-long project, but per some rule they had to give a final on paper. Hence the jokey one. It wasn't actually meant to be taken seriously.

Now, the class was crooked because of bogus grades, and Harrick and son essentially served as a cash funnel for Tony Cole...

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Crowe's already got Washaun Ealey, which really is a non-issue for King, who is ineligible. Anyway, multiple outlets are reporting that he'll enter the NFL supplemental draft.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

and won't get drafted.

Draft saved Draft deleted