1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia Tech baseball player found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Georgia Tech baseball player found dead; cause of death not yet determined

ATLANTA (AP) — A member of Georgia Tech's baseball team was found dead Friday.
    University officials said pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead in his off-campus apartment. Atlanta police and Georgia Tech police said they had not yet determined the cause of death.
    Georgia Tech athletic director Dan Radakovich said he didn't believe foul play was involved in the death of the 21-year-old Hutts.
    ``From his teammates and everyone else, he was known to be a fine and outstanding person,'' Radakovich said.
    Hutts, who was a junior in Georgia Tech's College of Management, had his best game of the season against North Carolina on April 6. The relief pitcher threw two scoreless innings, allowing one hit. The left-hander made nine appearances this season.
    A game scheduled for Friday night between Georgia Tech and Miami was postponed.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Damn ... always a tragedy to see a young person like this pass away before they hit the prime of their life.
    I have a younger brother who's in high school and he's a picture of health. I couldn't imagine anything happening to him in just a few years time, like with this young man.

My condolences to his family. May he RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted