1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia recruit's residency dilema

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Jan 25, 2012.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

[/http://espn.go.com/college-footba...ng so he still has other options. Thoughts?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I hope he enrolls at Alabama and they destroy Georgia.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Alabama has similar laws.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wrong. Ours are worse.

5. bueller

bueller Member

Alabama's also may have a provision that the law doesn't apply if the immgrint can play footbawl good.

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Not to get into a political discussion, but Alabama's laws and Georgia's laws are just fine. Alabama's laws work.

Roll Tide.
    /cross

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not to get into ... ah who am I kidding. Alabama's law is racist garbage and the biggest embarrassment to the state this side of the Selma marches. It won't get fixed until someone rolls the Tide with the Latino Sam Cunningham.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is the kid legal or not? The article doesn't make it clear, even though the family says he is.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That doesn't appear to be entirely clear. It would seem that he can't prove that he's legal, which is the problem.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

This is an important issue. Lord knows how many plain old Samoans are in this country are illegally passing them off as extra special American Samoans.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I just ordered a box of Samoans from my kid, but I got two boxes of Thin Mints.

12. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Okay, it's political now. So is it also racist that when I check into a hotel or get pulled over by the police that I must show my driver's license? MY GOD! What a fucking racist, that hotel clerk made me PROVE where I live!!

I have been involved in, not one but two, wrecks with illegal immigrants. Guess who paid for my vehicle? You guessed it, yours truly.

So fuck the sons-uh-bitches who are here illegally and can't obtain a legal driver's license.

If you want to really get into the bullshit we as Americans have to go through, we can...but I will refrain for now.

Draft saved Draft deleted