1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia lawmaker has lost his mind.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Calling for the death penalty in defense of life.

Interesting...

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Can we get the AJC to take a little trip to Cobb County and pull all of the skeletons out of Mr. Franklin's closet?

An idiot that radical has to have a pile of them.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The No. 3 one is pretty iffy. The law was vague and *could* be interpreted that way, but as soon as that was pointed out, the sponsor rewrote it.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One out of ten . . .

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, I'm sure it was just an oversight.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Someone should information these legislators that The Handmaid's Tale wasn't intended as an instruction manual.

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Well, it's a well-run campaign: broom, midget and what-not

[​IMG]

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The war continues on us in Canada as well.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/rape-victim-inviting-so-no-jail--rape-victim-inviting-so-no-jail-116801578.html

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Similar bills were proposed in Iowa and Nebraska.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/24/949245/-The-pro-life-bill-to-legalize-murder-spreads-to-Iowa-and-Nebraska

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe this guy went through Army Psy Ops program

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think lacking absolutely any evidence that it wasn't, then it was. There's plenty of other legit reasons to be outraged on that list, but I don't think No. 3 passes the smell test.

And no, I don't find a Daily Kos link saying that the law "could" be interpreted that way to be particularly chilling. It just won't be interpreted that way.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And, as I pointed out to Mrs. Birdscribe and as one of the SportsJournalists.com resident Esquires pointed out here in the sandbox, the moment this horrific event happens -- and make no mistake, it will -- you round up every legislator who voted for it and charge them with conspiracy to commit murder.

Laws have consequences? Damn straight, they do.

That said, if all this isn't an example of how women are an acceptable underclass in American society, I'm hard-pressed to find examples to the contrary.

Draft saved Draft deleted