1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia Frontiere RIP...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 18, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

[/quote]

In all fairness, crappy teams can become solid teams in as little as two years, with the way parity, scheduling and the draft work.
    [/quote]

Unless Matt Millen is running your franchise. Then you're fucked.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's not what he said, buck. but you know me, i'm not going to get pissy about it.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

LJB, would that excuse also work for this reach-around by Len P?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3203843&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos2

Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. I expect better from Len than this.

The canonization of this woman on any front other than the Golddigger's or Trick Hip HOF is inexplicable as it it inexcusable.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm laughing at a line in the Len P. column. "She flat-out loved her team." Most out here would say that as true in the literal sense. She flat-out made love to most of the guys on her team.
    The other point about her giving time to Bernie M., she never spoke to the media in L.A. She refused every interview request.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't understand it either. She's a fun column without the drippy sentimentality.

Say she was the first female owner in the history of the league and be done with it.

On the other hand, no one ever ripped Rosenbloom for being a war profiteer.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I guess no man wants to be labeled as chauvinistic no matter how justified the criticism of her might be, therefore making it easier to take the high road. Yes, it's a stretch but I'm out of good ideas ...

Draft saved Draft deleted