1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Zimmerman's wife wants a divorce

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain Obvious, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's false. It's been pretty well documented that Zimmerman is 29, and he married his wife six years ago.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes, from her perjury arrest.
    She's as much a piece of trash as he is.

3. MisterCreosote

I would argue anything that happens after Zimmerman's acquittal, short of new evidence, a confession of some sort, another similar incident, etc., would be irrelevant and better left to the gossip mags.

And, I know you're just trolling with the off-duty cop thing, but considering the reporting done so far, the story isn't exactly being handled by the cream of the crop. They've identified the "victim," and managed to spell his name three different ways in two paragraphs:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9226398

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It said they'd been married for seven years and she's 26. That would have made her 19. I had no idea he was that young. I never cared enough to check. I assumed he was 40ish.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. That's awesome.

But, Chicago isn't Podunk. You'd think someone in the press would want to know a little about the cop.

But, Rickey had a long rap sheet, and isn't a sympathetic victim. So, while he wasn't armed, it would be tough to write a narrative that would get anyone interested in his story.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. MisterCreosote

There are literally dozens of reasons why a cop wouldn't be identified publicly.

Also, it may be harder in Chicago than elsewhere, but it's not at all uncommon for entire departments to close ranks to ensure there are no leaks.

7. YankeeFan

Any good reasons?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know for certain if Zimmerman is a violent, abusive and reckless man. But The Narrative decided early that he wasn't. Questions must be asked.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thing that happens when you murder someone, legally or not.

10. MisterCreosote

Depends on what your definition of "good" is. I will say police, media and the public often have different definitions of "good."

They often don't identify alleged perpetrators until after an investigation. This is no different, except for the appearance of sweeping it under the rug.

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Odd that this never became part of the Narrative:

12. YankeeFan

Yeah, I'm sure that was left out on purpose, and not because no one knew about it.

Surely the PR team working on the case, and the media, didn't want to prejudice a potential jury with any negative information about Zimmerman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.