1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Weber, ABC News radio, RIP but wow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully not a D_B.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03252009/news/regionalnews/brooklyn/teen_held_in_weber_slay_161247.htm

---

I don't know if anyone on the board knows Weber, but the details in the story are jawdropping. Craigslist was involved.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wow, that may be the most bizarre story I have read on here. And this is the site that brought us "man has sex with picnic table" and "girl has sex toy mishap with saw"

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

And "woman's ass stuck on toilet seat after sitting on it for two years straight."

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have been following this story because I know the area where the guy lived... Did anyone else read through that whole description and then cringe at the last sentence in the story: "The newsman's family released a statement yesterday remembering him as "a truly caring person who loved and was loved by all he met." "?

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Why are people still willing to rendezvous with those that they meet anonymously on Craigslist? Just sayin' ...

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

No kidding. I guess there's a fine line between love and frenzied, homicidal hate.

Nice pictures of the kid posing with a....what is that, a samurai sword?

7. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Wow.. to die is terrible. To die the way he did is even worse. But to die after doing coke and getting drunk with an underage child is just unbelievable.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He died doing what he loved.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Heaven needed a submissive asphyxiophile to do traffic and weather on the 8s?

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This is old but it still fits the stories you are after.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The same reason they go home with some stranger they just met at a bar: they're horny.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

OK, but this isn'tthe first Craigslist meeting that has gone wrong.. wasn't it a Craiglist person who cut the baby out of that woman's belly a few years ago? Shit, at a bar you're at least looking the person in the face.

Draft saved Draft deleted