1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George W. Bush calls his brother

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

"One of the greatest governors in Florida history."

Just thought some of you would love a thread on that.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Isn't that kinda like being one of the greatest virgins in prostitution history?

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I thought it was more like Ted Bundy's mother calling him one of the kindest, gentlest guys ever.

4. So is Raymond Shaw, by the way.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Just the two characters that I thought would take the bait.

Carry on dudes.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Can W. even name another Florida governor?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Serge Storms to weigh in on this.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I say again:

I just don't get the people who are STILL standing up for this administration. What would they legitimately need to do to lose you people? Sleep with your wives? Kick your dogs?

'Cause they've pretty much done everything else to piss you off. Nothing they've touched hasn't turned to absolute shit. The war, the economy, foreign relations, domestic relations -- all of it gone to absolute hell over the last six years. Just look at what you all spend your days here arguing. You're never trying to convince any of us that something these asshats has done is good for the country, only that it's not as bad as we're making it out to be or that a Democrat probably would've been just as bad.

And you come back day after day, scandal after embarrassing scandal, felony after felony and consistently defend these jackoffs as if they were your parents or some shit. I just don't get it.

Yeah, my preferences led me to give these corrupt bastards less leeway than you all did, but still, dammit, look around you. Look at what you've been forced to defend -- pedophilia, illegal wiretaps, the outing of a CIA agent, an illegal, mismanaged war, oil company profits, a budget deficit so large people have stopped counting, the pandering to religious nuts, the consistent embarrassment that is your president speaking in public, the dirty lobbyists, the crooked corporate hacks, the killing of thousands of Americans, the incompetent people in important positions, the complete failure to manage a national catastrophe, the invasion of privacy on so many levels.

And yet, here you are, still defending these failures, still trying to convince us all that we shouldn't believe our own eyes. And worst of all, you're still hoping and praying that come Tuesday, nothing will change and we'll get to continue on for at least two more years with this shit.

Well, blow me. Every single one of you. Yeah, I hope the Democrats take control of Congress on Tuesday. Not so I can come in here and jump up and down and act as though I've somehow scored some big victory. But because maybe, just sonofabitchin' maybe, some of this bullshit can be fixed, or at the very least, not made worse.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Is that your preference Dog, to be blown by Republicans regardless of gender? And I thought you were married. Good gosh. It's sad what hatred can do to a mind.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

11. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

12. Of course, the person who wants to succeed The Greatest Governor Ever can't run away fast enough.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH?SITE=CADIU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Draft saved Draft deleted