1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'george, tell me about the loaded handgun ... '

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jan 22, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2009/jan/21/actor-accidentally-shot

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I swear I thought this was going to be about George, the ex-Moron in Chief shooting it up at the ranch in Crawford to celebrate his first day as a common idiot.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Holy hell.

I stage-managed a few shows back in the day (small-town community theater). In the two which involved handguns, I checked and cleared them before they were allowed on stage at ANY rehearsal or performance. No exceptions, even for the gun's owner. One script called for a shot to be fired during a blackout; I took care of it myself, with nobody else allowed to handle the weapon even when it was unloaded.

Paranoid? Yeah, maybe, but we never sent anyone to the hospital on my watch. This is inexcusable.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus pseudo, a little gun play never hurt anyone.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Yeah, I remember hearing about that somewhere, maybe here. That's kind of odd.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I was expecting Jon-Erik Hexum, but that one works too.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Considered Hexum, but his death was the result of a prop pistol that was not loaded with bullets. He just held it too close to his head, and the wad of prop pistol stuff got lodged in his skull.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

AM picturing a King of Queens on TBS yesterday with Jerry Stiller in a senior play....

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you watch a lot of TBS down that way, don't you?

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nothing wrong with TBS, they show Family Guy.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't sound as if he was pointing the gun directly at the guy's head (he did only graze the skull), but I've been told and heard that you never EVER point a gun... even loaded with blanks... at someone. Bruce Lee's kid is a perfect example.

Draft saved Draft deleted