1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Schroeder and family could use some prayers right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by murphyc, Dec 27, 2009.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Got an e-mail early this morning from George. Sorry I'm just posting it now, with two new foster kids in the house this week my computer access has been a bit limited today. Here was George's message from about 4 a.m. PST, so this probably has already happened by now:

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That is awesome and yet very sobering news.

3. murphyc

GREAT news for the Schroeders, but continue to pray for the situation and especially for the family that has to go through such personal anguish so that Christopher can recover.
    Here is the message George just sent:

Woo-Hoo! 8)

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

DITTO!!!! ;D ;D ;D

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Great news for the Schroeders ... tempered, of course, by tragedy for another family.

And how classy of George that amidst elation for his little one, he can still acknowledge where the donor heart is coming from.

If my own little ones weren't 1,000 miles away, I'd be giving them an extra hug tonight.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

This!

Continued prayers go to George, his family and to the family which lost a young person much too soon.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just received this e-mail from George:

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When I clicked this thread, I thought I would be playing "Beautiful Child" in my mind, mourning the loss of a loved little one I don't even know.

On some level, I am. But interspersed with a song I use to help me deal with the grief of losing someone so young is a song that has come to symbolize a joyous miracle: The song "Miracles" by Jefferson Starship.

It's a blessing that little Christopher's new heart is helping him lead some semblance of a normal life. I hope the day comes when he can go out and play catch with his father and do all the things little boys do. It's unfortunate that Christopher's new lease on life comes at the expense of another life being snuffed out all too soon.

This thread ... wow.

9. murphyc

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

No, thank you. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Great news!

Draft saved Draft deleted