1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George McGovern: "Impeach Bush/Cheney Right Now"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a crime. Lying to everyone in the whole world -- for starters -- to push us into a stupid war is just politics, though?

2. Lying implies someone knew the truth and said something to the contrary.

Being wrong about something -- and I'm not sure Bush was -- isn't the same thing as lying. At least among those not afflicted with BDS.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Keep telling yourself that.

You may be the only person to still believe that line, so once you go, it will be extinct.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, then you better get the world court to go after the leaders of a bunch of other countries, too. And while you're at it, most of the dems for their quotes from 2002.

Should be quite a party.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So none of those people have realized in the past five years that they were sold a bunch of BS by W? I was unaware of that.

6. "That's it! We all fell for Bush's BS!"

You're actually using that as a defense? Seriously?

Someone who supposedly is a dunce pulled the wool over the eyes of all these smart people. If that's the case, what does that say about them?

If Bush is an idiot, how can he be this crafty?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Two words: Dick Cheney

8. I was swayed by Colin Powell's fancy photo work in front of the UN. No one goes through all that trouble to make a presentation if it's not true.

I have no problem going after everyone who was wrong, Democrats included. That would leave us with...Obama!

And the French.

9. Ah, of course, the evil Svengali.

And here I thought the Vince Foster believers were whack.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Better the whole world be wrong than the French right.

I may bow to old_tony's clever stipulation that W is simply too dumb to fool anyone about anything.

11. And really, since Obama was in the Illinois legislature at the time, he doesn't count.

So that leaves us with ... yikes. Maybe Chirac should join the Democratic race (well, he did work as a soda jerk at a Howard Johnson's in Cambridge once upon a time ...)

12. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

[​IMG]

Ah yes, he outsmarted everyone; it even took seven years for George McGovern to settle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted