1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Lucas sticks it to rich neighbors

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dpfunk78, May 14, 2012.

1. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

http://m.movies.com/movie-news/george-lucas-grady-ranch/7883

So what is George Lucas going to do with his property now that he's tired of his rich neighbors putting up a not-in-my-backyard stink? He wants to transform the property into low-income housing, naturally, ending their official statement with this zinger, "If everyone feels that housing is less impactful on the land, then we are hoping that people who need it the most will benefit."

He's working with the Marin Community Foundation to instead construct affordable housing for either low-income families or seniors living on small, fixed incomes. In order to smooth along the development, he's already given them all of the pricey technical studies and land surveys Lucasfilm spent years conducting. And we think that's just great. Because if there's one thing rich people will hate more than having movie magic made in their backyard, it's poor people moving in.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is he going to CGI the poor people into the neighborhood later?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Naw, it's cheaper to bus 'em in from Trenton.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Worse, Jar Jar Binks.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Open pawn shops and liquor stores I will.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Even though some may benefit something seems wrong with Lucas using "poor people" to make his point.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not a fan of the plan.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love it, the poor need more housing (not really many poor though in Marin County.)

9. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy for the rebellion in the Senate.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think putting up a MMA training facility would do the trick as well. Isn't his daughter a fighter?

Draft saved Draft deleted