1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Lucas really is determined to CGI over his own accidental brilliance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Han didn't shoot first, says George. That was never the case. You just missed it because Lucas didn't use a wide shot in his edit, but thankfully he's corrected that, so rest easy. Instead of being a badass, Han was just really fortunate Greedo had the poorest aim of any bounty hunter/Jabba goon in the galaxy.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/george-lucas-says-han-never-shot-first-you-were-ju,69159/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I read something a couple weeks ago that he decided not to do the final three movies because he was butt-hurt about critics savaging Episodes 1-3. And all I could think was, Thank God for critics.

Leave it alone, man, it's a classic for a reason.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

All is forgiven if George promises to hold me like he did by the lake on Naboo.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Did you see where Speilberg more or less blamed him for the shittiness of the fourth Indiana Jones?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32315

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever taken such a giant shit on their legacy as George Lucas has? And I will refuse, until the day I die, to call Star Wars "Episode 4".

Fuck you, Lucas. You made Star Wars first. It's fucking Star Wars. Make the movies in proper episodic order if you don't like it.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Even more annoying: Calling it "A New Hope."

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There are many things to be annoyed about when it comes to George Lucas' meddling in his own brilliance. But these I don't get.

Nothing is more egregious than making Greedo shoot first. And doing it poorly at that.

8. Dick Whitman

My ire is more aimed at fanbois who call it that as a means of establishing their bona fides.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with Greedo shot first if Lucas would balance it by changing something else in the plot to make it dark.

That Luke and Leia crush they had going in Star Wars? They had a lot of time to kill on the Millennium Falcon ride to the moon of WhateverTheFuck. Use the force Luke and tap that ass!

10. Dick Whitman

Ewwwwwwwwww.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was just watching a retrospective on the making of Ferris Bueller's Day Off on I think the History Channel. Good, very enjoyable look. I learned that in addition to Jeannie, Ferris had two younger siblings. But when the first cut ran 2:45, they ditched that whole storyline.

I don't know if Hughes would mess with it were he alive, but if George Lucas ever gets control of that film we can count on seeing an "extended cut" that's a whole different movie.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But now it's in 3-D!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted