1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Bush -- Tower of Empathy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Mmac

Mmac Guest

God almighty those strike me as really weird comments under the circumstances, and I can't quite articulate why.

Just take the first line saying that his parents undestandably would have "significant emotions" because PT was "a man they loved and respected." WTF, "a man they respected"? It was their SON! It goes WAY beyond "respect" and their emotions over this must go WAY beyond "significant". I admit I'm not sure what he should have said, but the word choice here strikes me as so odd and detached from the devastating reality of this.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When he's not busy marching with the Ulster Unionists.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Terrorist sympathizer.

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Maybe about as much as the geniuses who throw around cute Bush/Cheney names use the Kos stylebook.

5. Please to be providing examples of same. (President Fredo is OURS, dammit, and Cheney's been (a) Dick for as long as he's been alive.)

6. KG

KG Active Member

Maybe he heard that we now have www. and www2.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes, as we all know, the alGore invented the Internets is the PERFECT argument to make in the face of a family grieving over the loss of their son and struggling for answers and the truth.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Bush should have said, "I empathize with the Tillman family. I share in mourning the loss of their son just as I mourn the loss of every American that makes the ultimate sacrifice for their country. I am hopeful that a full, truthful report will come out in due time."

After that he should have no comment.

Now, this is just as phony as what he really said but it is much short and to the point.

He really is a dunce though. I have no idea how anyone would look at him and say, "This man is a success."

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

http://www.bushfreecountdown.com/

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

FB,

He's damned if he do and damned if he don't.

I mean for goodness sake, if he doesn't say anything he has no heart for the family that has been hurt by all this, and if he says something he's told to shut up by those same people who would bitch that he said nothing.

Get over it.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's a compassionate conservative. Remember that, folks.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So, we should get over it? That's the answer to a multitude of problems? Accept it without complaint? Fuck that noise.

Draft saved Draft deleted