1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GeoCities Is Closing! I'm So Old!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Well, my resume has been posted online at Yahoo!'s GeoCities since the fall of 2004. Now, after five years, several updates, three job applications and subsequent hires - all done via email by sending a link to my online resume/portfolio - GeoCities is done and over with in October 2009.

But, I can pay Yahoo! $4.99a month to host my website (read: resume/portfolio). Forget that.

Now I need a new FREE and easy way to host my resume/portfolio.

Any ideas? Any sites?

PS - I'm willing to bet I'm the only SportsJournalists.com member to have GeoCities site. I'm such a looser.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Pete, it's been a a while since this your last DB.

Glad to see you back.

PS, I also have a geocities page.

3. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I also have a Geocities site, although I've mostly just used it as backup online file storage. My university gave students lifetime Web storage/space, so that is what I use for my resume/portfolio. I'm sure if you do a Google search, you can find plenty of other sites that still offer free Web pages.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Google, for example.

Draft saved Draft deleted