1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geno Getting Sued

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 11, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She said it wasn't worth it for her to pursue until Geno barred her for working security for the Olympics as she was planning to do.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Huh ... I'm not sure revenge is a good reason to drudge up something that allegedly happened three years prior, but it'll be interesting to see how this pans out. I think the both sound like egotistical assholes.

3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I think the reason for the suit was that the rejection then is affecting her ability to do her job now, though, as she's been barred from the 2012 security detail. She couldn't have known that three years ago.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I bet the lawyer taking the deposition asks a lot of questions that really piss Geno off!

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that made me laugh.

6. LongTimeListener

You're completely missing the point, as Smash explained. If this was the series of events, three years ago it was Geno being an ass. She wasn't going to sue Geno for being an ass. Now it's Geno affecting her livelihood.

Not sure how she sounds like an egotistical asshole for not wanting to get hit on by him and then not wanting to be kept out of a job by him.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Did you see her?

I'd say by the looks of her it is far more likely that a few of Geno's players hit on her than Geno....

8. LongTimeListener

Haha! A lesbian joke! You're on fire, Zag! The only thing that would make it funnier is if you posted that while driving.

People said the same thing about the Isiah Thomas case -- she's ugly, he never would have bothered. Look how that came out.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

A) I wasn't joking
    B) I thought most people said "Isiah Thomas is a bad guy so it is not surprising"
    C) It isn't that she is ugly, it is that she is manly and Geno likes women.

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

So let me get this straight...

According to the woman and the lawyer, she: accepted being paid less than male colleagues with similar titles/less experience, was denied promotion because of the glass ceiling and was sexually harassed by Geno in 2009 and her response was to suck it up and do her job.

But now that she was removed from the London detail she feels wronged and has decided to pursue legal action.

Am I the only person here who views this series of events with a bit of skepticism?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Doesn't Geno tend to not recruit lesbian players?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He asks them?

Draft saved Draft deleted