1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genetic boulliabase: Live at the Laundromat

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 22, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. why didn't you go into ohio if it was closer?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Think I dated his daughter for about 4 months several years back.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Only 'mat that I know is another bar-type, but it's right next to Univ. of Cincinnati, with a distinct college crowd. Not the greatest hood, either. I'm sure there are other decent places around, I just don't know where they are. Tonight's place, I've driven past before, knew where it was.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I gotta get me some of those.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Omlette Shoppe, Jasper, Ala.

And what part of doing laundry in the company of college co-eds was off-putting to you?

7. lono

lono Active Member

It was called "North Wilkesboro."

8. Isn't Ohio the shallow end of the gene pool? But parts of North Carolina give it a run for its money.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Any Waffle House.

10. Ding ding ding.

A friend of mine was shot at one recently. Thank goodness he was just grazed.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got a washer and dryer in my home now, so my laundromat days are done for now. But one of the last times I went to my old one, there was this dude, probably 21 or 22 years old, who was wearing clothes that must have -- I mean there's no way they could not have been -- dirtier than anything he and his mother, foster mom or grandma (she was older than the usual mother for a kid my age) put in the washer.

This kid's shirt, I think it was originally white, was light brown. Seriously, this kid was Pigpen. Every time I walked past him -- and I had to every time I switched my clothes or took them out of the dryer -- he smelled a little bit worse. And the little jerk made sure to open my dryer every time it buzzed until his whatever-she-was told him to stop. He never said excuse me, I'm sorry, etc.

He was just a strange, strange bird.

Draft saved Draft deleted