1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

General movie news thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Aug 3, 2022.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

justgladtobehere likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I feel like I should have seen Olivia Wilde in some movie or TV show, but she's somehow escaped my radar till now. This whole ordeal seems like an updated version of the "Gigli" imbroglio that doomed the original iteration of Bennifer. Given that, I'd guess the long-term prospects for Wilde and Harry Styles are not great. But that's not to say she won't end up with him -- after maybe a fling with A-Rod, of course.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All I know is that it has kept the "K" family stuff off my Google News feed and for that I am grateful.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I didn't see Ronny Cox's name on that list.

garrow likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

'Confess, Fletch' makes its case as one of the funniest films in years

If you think that Chase’s portrayal cannot be topped, all I can say is this approach is different. There’s no funny disguises. (Jon) Hamm doesn’t try and top Chase’s mugging. If they have anything in common, it’s the combo of handsome and funny. A potent combination among stiff movie stars and dopey comedians.
    This is encouraging. I thought Hamm was funny in Bridesmaids. Somebody, maybe it was Kathy Griffith, slagged him recently for overestimating his comedy chops. But consider the source.

EDIT:
    "He's one of these hot guys who's mildly funny but actually thinks he's comedian-level funny."

31 Times Stars Were Shockingly Honest About Other Stars’ Work

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never thought Kathy Griffin was comedian-level funny.

CD Boogie and sgreenwell like this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I saw "Confess, Fletch!" in a theater this weekend - It was a solid B, B+. I think it would work better as a 6 to 10 episode show, about 90 minutes each, like the old Columbo episodes, with Hamm in a different locale each time, with different supporting players. But still, it was delightfully low stakes caper stuff, where you're mostly watching for the dialogue interplay. It's also got quite a few 6s in the cast, if you're into that kind of thing.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted