1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gene Simmons' very public "partnership" problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jun 15, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They're going to have a lot of explaining to do after last night.

In an episode which everyone knows was taped a few months ago, Gene and Shannon make up and she moves back home.

This, after she screeches her way through the talk-show circuit last week, even walking off the set of one show.

They got their fantasy timing mixed up with their real-life timing.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My favorite Gene Simmons moment was the end of some movie he was in where he played a terrorist. Rutger Hauer was the bad-ass rogue hero who captures said terrorist, handcuffs him, stuffs a grenade in his mouth, leads him out by the pin to where all the cops are waiting to make the arrest, then pulls the pin. Glorious movie moment to see Gene's head blown off. Too bad it's not reality.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

IF THIS SHOW IS GENUINE: It didn't seem like a reconciliation to me. She's giving him a short leash and he probably fucked up after the show concluded taping.

IF IT'S NOT: They're setting this up for a wedding.

Can't tell.

4. jr/shotglass

That second thought crossed my mind. Well, actually they both did.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Season wrapped last night. Gene proposed to Shannon in Belize. Shannon's answer was not shown. All of that is besides the point, though. The events shown throughout the season did not happen in the order they were presents (BIG SHOCK), yet it still made for some riveting TV.

The proposal, for instance, took place at the beginning of May. Shannon's outburst on TV took place in the middle of June. The events in the episode before the finale took place backstage at a KISS concert at the end of June. In context, that means that there was likely a breakdown in the last few months. And maybe a marriage proposal gone awry (hence no previous celeb gossip press on the matter of the two getting married).

6. jr/shotglass

Shannon's answer was ostensibly a cliff-hanger ... except that she was wearing the rock in all the "interview" sessions throughout the episode.

Regardless of its continuity issues, this was a really good, often emotion-wrenching season. And I say that as someone who normally despises the reality genre.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

New season started... Shannon wants to adopt a child. Ambushed Gene with a social worker, expecting him to say "WHAT A GREAT IDEA" and when he didn't, she pouted...
    Used to love this show... now she just comes across as selfish and bitter, especially when he has a contrary opinion or a second of questioning... I've watched for 20 minutes and am done for the season.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I got fed up with the promos for the premiere that I didn't watch it. That one scene was shown over and over -- I don't remember any other promos leading in, but that was more than enough to keep me watching this show again.

Draft saved Draft deleted