1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gene Simmons' very public "partnership" problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jun 15, 2011.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Last I saw -- and this was maybe three years ago -- she was living in Cave Creek, Arizona and doing dinner theater.

There's a rinky-dink little TV station out of Prescott that has a 10am talk show that's straight out of an SNL sketch -- silly, self-important small town folks hosting and talking to advertisers and local artists for an hour each day. I was flipping around one morning and did a serious double-take. She was on plugging the play she was in. Still looked fabulous.

She's apparently in the new Will Ferrell movie "Everything Must Go," which was shot in Phoenix.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The thought of a 50something Shannon Tweed and $30 million in her back pocket ain't a bad thing!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Have you ever seen her spend on the show? She'll be through that in less than five years...

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Got half way through the first page of this thread, and I wondered why I was still reading -- let alone watching the show. There are way too many good television programs or great films I need to watch before I would even dream of jumping into Gene Simmons' tub of feces.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I've always kind of enjoyed this show and was thought it was interesting -- if portrayed at all realistically -- that despite the unmarried, rock star, womanizing ways they seemed to have a fairly non-disfunctional family life.

That said, I do think it is one of the more "acted out" reality shows out there. And throw me in the camp that this doesn't exactly pass the smell test. Early in the show Sophie left for college. That had to be at earliest in January and even a good chance of it being last fall (it's been a while since the last season, hasn't it?). And we didn't hear about them breaking up until now?

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I had only watched a few episodes in the past, but I tuned into the latest episode out of curiosity and it's really good television.

Gene is finally getting his. It's incredible to see his world come crashing down.

7. TwoGloves

But she might be fun until then ...

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She's got one of those mutant plastic-surgery faces.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You may have seen her in person up close. She still looks pretty good to these eyes.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No, I've only seen her on the commercials for that show, and she's got a crazy plastic surgery face.
    Not as bad as some, but plenty noticeable.
    Creeps me out.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Not that I'm one to say anything, but Sophie did chunk up a bit between this year and last year's episodes. Not that it takes away anything from her in my eyes though :D

12. TwoGloves

I'm sure her trust fund has beefed up, too!

Draft saved Draft deleted