1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geddy Lee rocks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 6, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am an unwashed (OK, occasionally washed) Floridian. :p

2. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

They won't caravan around the country, but Rush fans will come out in numbers big enough for them to play major venues for as long as the band wants to keep touring. How many other bands of their ilk are playing at the county rib cookoff? Rush is playing on its own -- no opening act -- at all the big outdoor venues this summer. And the neat thing is seeing fans in their 30s and 40s who show up with their kids. The last show I went to, I saw a couple there with their daughter, who was probably 13 and it looked like they all enjoyed it. Rush are such seasoned performers that it's tough to walk away unimpressed by the live experience -- even for teenagers who think anyone over 25 is old and lame.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wow ... did you really just say that? (And see the sig ... )

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There aren't many bands that can claim they have filled arenas consistently for 2-3 decades.

5. Even more true in this case, since as TheHacker pointed out, Rush hasn't toured with an opening act for quite some time now.

6. Mizzougrad96

Back in the 1990s they toured quite a bit with Primus and Mr. Big.

7. Saw Primus open for them in about 1994-95. Good stuff.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

The Presto tour with Mr. Big was the worst concert I've eve seen/heard.

But Rush did put on a good show when I saw them last year. My only complaint was that they only played one song off 2112, Passage to Bangkok during the encore.

9. Mizzougrad96

Primus toured with them on and off for most of the late 1980s and 1990s. The first time I saw Rush was 1988 and we booed Primus off the stage. A few years later we realized they were pretty good for an opening act.

10. Mizzougrad96

When I saw Mr. Big they played their two hits twice each. It was pretty sad.

11. Mr. Big would be worse than Primus, I'm guessing.

12. Mizzougrad96

I can handle Primus for about 20 minutes or so, especially if they play "Tommy the Cat" or "Too Many Puppies"

Mr. Big? Not so much...

Draft saved Draft deleted