1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay sports writers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shifty Squid, Feb 16, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Thanks, Shotty. Now I'm craving one.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, dude, would tom petty really bust someone's balls for saying what they really think in a post?

actually, i enjoyed reading chick's assertiveness.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm assuming this might have been addressed earlier, but I'm not going all the way back in this thread to find out: I just saw Amaechi on PTI and was incredibly impressed with his intelligence. I haven't really seen any of his interviews, but he had extemely thoughtful responses.

He made one point in particular that often gets overlooked, even by some people who claim to be "ok" with gays: that they'd be uncomfortable with them in the locker room/showers. Amaechi's point was simple: I was in there for my whole career and nothing ever happened and no one ever felt like he was checking them out. When you stop and think about all of the gays who have undoubtedly played in professional sports, and as far as I know there has never been any type of incident in the locker room/shower, you realize just how ridiculous that thought is.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I agree, too. Maybe that should be on the "banned thread," saying that something isn't funny. Of course, saying nothing should be banned would be a fitting "end of thread" to the "banned" thread.

And is forever_town gonna challenge SWNAJ to a fight at the Times Square subway station? (Poin, come back)

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yeah, where the heck is poin?

Draft saved Draft deleted