1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay History 101

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, that's in the Constitution. Or, at the least, federal statutes. So it's different. There are, of course, many states that include sexual orientation in their civil rights statutes.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A man was laying in bed with his new girlfriend. After having great sex, she spent the next hour just scratching his nuts, something she seemed to love to do.
    As he was enjoying it, he turned and asked her, 'Why do you love doing that?'
    'Because,' she replied, 'I really miss mine.'

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Then the whole GA argument is based on intellectual dishonesty. Either it's a choice or it's not. If its a choice then it can be argued that it is sexual deviancy. If its not a choice, then you have a constitutional basis.Religion is mentioned in the constitution. Sexual choices aren't.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Personal circumstances? Does that include a female who was sexually abused by her father/uncle etc., to the point where she hated men?

5. Dick Whitman

What is "GA"?

It's not a choice. Your DNA presumably lands you on a sexuality continuum. A lot of people on the continuum toward homosexuality have ruined their lives and caused great pain by making the "choice" to live as a heterosexual. It's not a "choice" like deciding whether to drink Pepsi or Coke is a "choice." The choice is whether to live a lifestyle that is true to who you are. I'm not sure why it is wrong for schools to encourage that.

6. Dick Whitman

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

You said personal circumstances may guide choices.

Does that include the example I cited?

If so, I may find agreement with you.

But if so, the hissing match from the GA will begin in 3....2....1... (since there are those who at least until they get their legislation passed say it's not a choice or circumstances)

8. heyabbott

The Bishops can only take the pawns, from behind.

WTF is Gay History?

Who was the first top? How to pick appropriate gay safe words? Can Gay Mormons have multiple husbands?

Great moments in gay history?

Pedisaeus invents pederasty in 674 BC

Alexander the Great and his childhood friend Hephaistion discover LXIX

9. Dick Whitman

Yes. No different than race. Barack Obama was raised in a white family. But he ultimately identified with his black heritage. He wrote a book about the circumstances that led him to that decision. I imagine sexual orientation is similar to race. Not binary. But practically so in some cases. Not at all in others.

10. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

GA is Gay Army, Dick.

And printdust/bobblehead/Yawn remains a fucking piece of shit homophobe/Islamophobe/xenophobe. Always has been, always will be.

Why do any of you even bother replying to him?

And if a mod wants to come on here now, after my post, and lock the thread and say it's my fault, so be it. This thread was always going to turn into a trainwreck.

11. heyabbott

I'm hoping to convert to Chinese so I can order off the blackboard rather than the menu.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Looks like Barack made the right choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted