1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay History 101

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's true. And I'm someone who thinks the California court got it wrong. But the Supreme Court is going to rule gay marriage as a fundamental right in their lifetimes, probably before they are 30 years old. They need the foundation.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

at what age did you consciously make a choice to be heterosexual?

3. mrbigles01

mrbigles01 Member

Don't attempt to reason with him. It will only lead to madness.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What do you expect from a guy who is turning the way I practice my faith into a running gag?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know what age I was, but I know it was when I saw the Farrah Fawcett poster.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

From The Boston Tea Party to teabagging at Stonewall, the new line of history books from Harper Brace Jovanovich has America covered from top to its oh-so-round, succulent and delicious bottom!

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So you didn't make a choice, your dick did, just like the rest of the male population. For some it was a Farrah Fawcett poster for others it was a poster of a guy. I really don't think we can control what we are attracted to.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

High school only? I remember going through that same cycle in elementary (they left Vietnam out there) and middle school.

And then you get to college and you realize the vast majority of it was all bullshit anyway.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If you get to college and realize that, someone didn't do their job.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, my first history class in college (my minor was in history) featured a prof telling us that everything we were taught in high school was wrong, in large part because nobody bothered to put anything into context, such as -- why did people come from Europe to settle in America in the first place? So U.S. history started not with someone arriving at Jamestown, but with Henry VIII and the Catholic-Anglican schism. He also encouraged you to write papers on how the personalities involved affected historical events. So instead of writing a dry paper about the negotiations of the Treaty of Ghent, I got to write a paper about the negotiations kept going awry on the U.S. side because everyone's favorite founding father, John Quincy Adams, was a puritan-ish teetotaler who was pissed that Henry Clay spent his off hours tapping Belgian beer and Belgian ass.

It was probably the most interesting history class I ever had.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You really honestly think this is about recruiting kids into being gay? You really, honestly think that's even possible?

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Aren't you describing every liberal history professor who is a fan of Howard Zinn?

Draft saved Draft deleted