1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay couples to be paid more to offset higher tax

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

See? The worms are out of the box. Soon, the lake will be closed to fishing.

Soon, we'll have "set asides" for government positions. It will be mandated that a gay person must be president. Then at least the Dems can quit bitching about Bush being an "appointed" president his first term.

But this is hilarious. I knew this was coming - and more is on the way. Have fun, libs. You asked for it, you got it.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Oh yes it will. All those activist judges that are paving the way to everything gay are in charge, or did you forget about them?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Like you?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I kind of thought this was interesting:

Now, gay couples have to face the same pressures as the rest of us to get married.

I predict a lot of folks discover their partner isn't really all that interested in getting married.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I can go along with that, YF.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Um, the culprit here isn't the city of Cambridge. It's the Defense of Marriage Act. Cambridge is just reacting to a discriminatory piece of legistlation.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And if the couple splits up, the employee takes a pay cut? Uh-huh.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In the interest of fairness these companies should start offering domestic partner benefits to unmarried heterosexual couples until the Feds start recognizing gay marriage.

Seems like the simplest and fairest way to handle this.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So what about the worker who is part of a high-earning heterosexual couple that pays the so-called "marriage penalty," whereby the couple is taxed more than either person would be taxed if they were unmarried and filed individually? Does that person get extra pay to be made whole as well?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

LTL:

They should. It's only fair.

And what if an employee has to add his/her spouse to his/her insurance because said spouse is now unemployed? It's not the employee's fault their spouse is out of work.

That employee should receive a stipend to compensate for the additional payroll deduction for the insurance.

11. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Let the bears pay the bear tax! I pay the Homer tax!

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Ram-rod discrimination.

Open door.

Worms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.