1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay and/or "Emo" Kids Killed/Threatened in Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 11, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Conform, or die:

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That's harsh. Even the Mormon church just ostracizes and exiles the gays, who then commit suicide at an alarming rate.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Exactly.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You can substitute Catholic or a host of other churches for Mormon.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe there's hope that they can be like America afterall.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Uganda, largely due to the efforts of Christians, was trying to make homosexuality a capital offense.

This guy who should have fatally OD'd before finding Jesus thinks it's a good idea:

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Damn, we don't even hit double-digit posts on a thread before blaming America, Catholics, etc. That's some efficient message-board insanity.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I don't think the word blame means what you think it means.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe they're laying the groundwork for a positive relationship with President Santorum.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

When co-workers at Starman's shop try to dress in brash Western fashions, he puts a stop to it immediately. He's not putting up with any of that nonsense!

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Let me know when police or the military are rounding up emo kids in America and then they're getting stoned to death. I must have missed that on the 6 o'clock news.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

New thread: Someone somewhere in the middle east did something bad <whether it has anything to do with Islam or not. ...but in this case related to it>.

Predictable response from typically predictable poster : The <another religion, which has nothing to do with the original post> do such and such!

Topic now suitably shifted to starting the intended pissing contest. ...

Predictable response from typically predictable poster 2: Let me know when us virtuous Americans <or Christians> do <something associated with terrorism or radical Islam, such as beheading someone or stoning someone to death>.

I'd suggest stickying the thread and skipping the dance each time, but that isn't going to stop em.

Draft saved Draft deleted