1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gawker article outs a private citizen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TopSpin, Jul 16, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

in regards to being public figures? No. This guy is a prominent businessman and brother of another prominent public figure. I think there's a good argument that he's fair game. Still a lot of shady aspects to the story but I dont have a problem with it being reported

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is this the worst ever for Gawker? I have to think it is.

But there have been a lot of moments that I thought/hoped would lead to their downfall, and nothing has stuck yet. The lowest common denominator is an ever-expanding number on the Internet.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Daulerio reading Stuart Scott's texts when he was getting the digits of some chick who wasn't his wife.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The Hulk Hogan thing was pretty bad, too.

6. LongTimeListener

Hmmmm ... sounds like it could be a poll.

Could also put Deadspin posting the video of the drunk/passed-out girl having sex in a public bathroom at Indiana. (Special mention because her father pleaded with them not to post it and Daulerio stayed courageous for the people's right to know.)

Feels like this might be worse though.

YankeeFan and cranberry like this.
  7. poindexter

So was this Conde Naste dude married to a woman?

8. LongTimeListener

Not just a woman, a society woman.

WEDDINGS - Miss Concannon, D. E. Geithner - NYTimes.com

Mrs. Geithner, 26 years old, graduated from Holy Cross College. She is a network-television time buyer at Young & Rubicam, the New York advertising agency. Her father is a senior partner in the New York law firm of Kelley Drye & Warren. The bride's grandfather the late John V. Mara was an owner and the president of the New York Giants, the football team founded by his father, Timothy J. Mara.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. poindexter

For what its worth, I think its newsworthy.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Whoa... A lede is getting buried here...

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

From my hometown, and just a few years older than me. I wonder if any of my brothers know her.

The Geithner brothers also grew up in Larchmont. Tim and his family still live there.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted