1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gauntlet 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 23, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How'd you like to be the guy who can claim he turned Brooke "gay." Buy that guy a beer.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I loved that Brooke went home, but I was sad to see Johnny Bananas go.. He was definitely one of my favorites since most of the other men are complete douches. I do like Evan, though, so it would have been bitter sweet either way for me.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Johnny Bananas is a douche.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Doc said the same thing. I disagreed. I thought he was a douche during his Real World season, but not on the challenges.

5. Completely agree.
    Do we know where the bananas thing comes from?

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It's douchey of any of them to freak out when they have to go in the gauntlet. It's pretty much inevitable (unless you're Coral, and the rest of the cast holds you in a god-like status because they watched you when they're were 5). Get over it.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Tyrie? Fat, sloppy and uncoordinated.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And hot. You forgot hot.

That being said, Bananas wasn't douchey in a CT way...he was douchey in a fratboy way. He was the quintessential fratboy. And for that, he's a douche.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They called Paula "Paula Walnuts" when she got drunk (obviously from The Sopranos) and I'm pretty sure it came from that. I think it's only when he's drunk as well.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

His last name is "Devenanzio." I'm guessing it comes from that ...

11. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

The RW-RR challenges are one of my guilty pleasures, too.
    Agree with everyone's CT/Beth/Coral sentiments, though I do enjoy watching Coral. She doesn't make me want to slap her silly, which Beth does every time she's on camera with her smirky, 40YO face.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, I hadn't seen the ep. No one could tell me Tyrie left?

:( :( :(

Draft saved Draft deleted